There's this blog trend called "Friday Introductions" where small business owners give some fun facts about themselves. It helps our clients see the person behind the business! When you work with a small business, you are supporting our everyday lives. Pet food, groceries, electric bills... it's possible because of our clients, so it is important to know the person you are working with and supporting.
Name: Grace Draper
Born: Alexandria, VA
Raised: Clifton, VA
Graduated: UMW '14 with a B.A. in English
Resides: Downtown Fredericksburg
1. THRIFTING. I hunt specifically for 80s/90s sporty clothing, dresses from the 50s/60s, and wooden accent furniture for my apartment.
2. MUGS. This really just traces back to my love for coffee, but there is nothing better than a perfectly weighted/shaped mug to enjoy it from .
3. REARRANGING FURNITURE. My friends joke that my apartment is different every time they come over and there is some truth to that. I love moving things around for a new feel, especially when I'm a little stressed (so it's changed around 3-5 times since I started this business!)
4. CATS. But specifically my cats. They steal chips off my plate, lick the mayo off my sandwiches and drink my water... but when they snuggle up with me I forget all about their mischief.
5. SOCIALITE FICTION. I may have made that genre up... but I love reading books that immerse you into the world of the chic, fancy and rich socialites. My favorites are based on real people like Babe Paley and Zelda Fitzgerald, but if it gives me a glimpse into lavish lifestyles then I'll devour it.
6. OTHERS: ice cream, crosswords, doodling, playing piano, playing rugby, going to concerts, screened in porches, waterfront views.